Not Your Granny's Chicken Pot Pies...

Well, I guess this is not a bad start for the first post in a new blog.

It's what I made for dinner last night. 


Yep. I took photos. Not as many as I probably should have, but I only decided to document it halfway through, so here we are 🤷

I decided to call it "Not Your Granny's Chicken Pot Pie" because let's face it. My Granny's chicken pot pie, while very tasty, it's all that healthy and I could stand to lose a few more lbs. 

I should also point out that while this version and name are of my own making, it was inspired by a meal I saw prepared on the TV at the doctor's office. So, let's jump right in!

You'll need the following (measurements are estimations as I never really measure things. 👀 )

  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (you could also use ground chicken)
  • egg roll wraps
  • 2 cups chicken bone broth (reduced sodium)
  • 1/2 bell pepper
  • 1/2 small onion
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/2 can of sweet peas
  • 1/2 can of whole kernel corn
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • salt to taste
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 3 tbsp corn starch
Ingredient prep:

  • Dice the onions to the desired size.
  • Dice the bell pepper to the desired size.
  • Mince the garlic.
  • Dice the chicken into 1" pieces.

Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. 

In your preheated skillet add 1 tbsp of the olive oil and set the rest aside for later.

Add your chicken, bell pepper, onion, and garlic to the pan. Season with salt and pepper.

When the chicken is cooked through, mix the corn starch into the chicken broth and add it to the skillet. Simmer until the sauce thickens. While this is simmering, you can add corn and peas.


Preheat the oven to 400°. Using a basting brush, brush olive oil onto a cupcake pan (Mine makes 12.)


Line each cupcake space with 1 of the egg roll wraps. I found it easier to do this one at a time so that they don't get in the way of each other.



Measure 1/4 cup of filling into each cup.


Fold over the edges of the egg roll wrap and brush with olive oil.



Once you have all the cups filled, bake at 400° for 20 minutes.



Your mini chicken pop pie cups should come out beautifully golden brown.



They pop right out of the cupcake pan easily and make great finger foods! Just remember to let them cool first. 🔥



I'd love to hear from you if you make this recipe! What changes would you (or did you) make?

If you have any healthy yet tasty recipe suggestions, I'd love to hear them! Feel free to email me at theroguestitches@gmail.com.



Comments